Diagnosing Your Heart
The first step in your journey toward improved heart health is identifying what exactly is affecting the most important muscle in your body. Cardiac catheterization, one of the best methods for diagnosing your heart, is offered in Mercy Health's wide array of diagnostic heart and vascular services.
What is Cardiac Catheterization?
Cardiac catheterization is an invasive procedure used to determine the amount of blood flow through the coronary arteries. Using a long, thin tube called a catheter, dye is injected into your blood vessels and is made visible by using an X-ray called an angiogram. This test helps determine if you have any diseases of the heart, including in your coronary arteries and valves.
- Endocardial Biopsies
- Diagnostic Left and Right Heart Catherization
- Direct Current CardioversionTransesophageal Echocardiogram (TEE)
- Peripheral Arterial Angiography and Intervention
- Permanent Pacemaker, ICD and Loop Recorder Insertion
- Primary Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (PCI)
- Renal Artery Angiography and Intervention